httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Keeping multiple logs in central location
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 08:10:19 GMT
On 5/16/06, Dan Trainor <dan@v2web.com> wrote:

> We've got quite a few webservers, on which we're comfortable using
> AWStats.  The server pool is part of a load balance cluster, and it's
> very difficult to generate statistics on the data as a whole - rather,
> we're generating statistics based on several different servers.
>
> What I guess I'm looking for here is a way to keep all my Apache logs in
> a central location, where I can run stats for the total of the pool.

AWStats can do this. I have a similar setup (six server behind a
loadbalancer) and I just copy the logfiles to one directory and then
use "logresolvemerge.pl" to merge them all in one file (and to resolve
the IP addresses in to host names). This I then feed to AWStats.

All this with a cronjob offcourse...

logresolvemerg.pl is part of awstats

Krist

--