httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help on http and https using different domains
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 08:28:23 GMT
On 5/3/06, Mukarram Syed <muksyed@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some help on this, we are going to go live soon but this is a road
> block for us.
> The issue is:
> We are hosting an ecommerce site.  Lets say the http domain is
> www.example.com
> We go to www.example.com, browse and click on some items and add to the bag.
> Then we proceed to checkout.  Once we click on Proceed to checkout, it
> changes the domain to secure.example.com.  While we were in the
> www.example.com, we could view the items in the bag.  The moment we Proceed
> to checkout, the items in the bag dissappear.  This should not happen.

With a high probability this is not Apache related. Aparently whatever
mechanism you use to store what the user bought fails when the user
switches URLs. This is not an apache issue.

> Any help would be appreciated.  We think it is a problem with the http.conf
> and ssl.conf.

There does seem to be a problem with your config though:

> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/yvesrocher/html
>     ServerName www.example.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerName  www.example.com
>         ServerAlias example.com
>         Redirect / http://www.example.com/
> </VirtualHost>

Why do you have two virtual hosts with the same ServerName. Do you
realise that requests to sss.example.com will always be handled by the
first server?

> In the ssl.conf file:
>
> <VirtualHost 10.0.226.12:443>
> ServerName secure.example.com:443
> ServerAlias secure.example.com:443
> </VirtualHost>

Setting ServerName and ServerAlias to the same name serves no purpose.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Solothurn, Switzerland