httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Del Greco, Marcus" <marcus.delgr...@unh.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap under Apache 2.0.52, Red Hat
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 19:19:06 GMT
I hope nobody minds me bumping this.

Has anybody seen this kind of behaviour using mod_auth_ldap in an
.htaccess file?

Thanks,

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: Del Greco, Marcus [mailto:marcus.delgreco@unh.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 9:35 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap under Apache 2.0.52, Red Hat

Hello,

I am using mod_auth_ldap under Apache 2.0.52 on Red Hat, via an
.htaccess file, to authenticate users into a directory where I have a
cgi application.  Initial authentication works just fine.

The problem comes when the browser is left unattended for awhile, when
the user is logged in.  If there is no activity for some undetermined
amount of time (but almost always when left overnight), the
authentication seems to grow "stale", and navigating within my
application will not continue unless several or more clicks are applied.
After clicking for a minute or two, something breaks the log jam, and
suddenly the app is working fine again.  No error is every given eithher
in the browser or the Apache error log.  Just hangs until it breaks
through.

Seems to happen in all browsers I've tested.

Behavior goes away when I remove the .htaccess file, but so does the
authentication challenge.   :)

The content are my .htaccess file are as follows:

AuthName LDAPaccess
AuthType Basic
Satisfy All

AuthLDAPURL
ldap://our.ldap.server/dc=unh,dc=edu?uid?base?(objectClass=*)
require valid-user

Not knowing really where to start, I tried tweaking cache settings in
httpd.conf as below, to no effect:

<ifModule mod_auth_ldap>
     AuthLDAPCacheTTL 0
</IfModule>

Does anyone have experience with the details of LDAP authentication that
migth help me get by this "stickiness" problem when the browser remains
idle for long periods?

Marcus

--
Marcus Del Greco