httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary W. Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: Re: ASP on Apache
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 15:44:26 GMT
If you truly need asp then run it on a wintel box.  If you are using
Linux you can run something like VMware and setup a virtual server or
something.

________________________________

From: a nn [mailto:alkhimey@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 12:41 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Re: Re: ASP on Apache

Hi,

Thank's everyone who answered me. I think that I will try mod_adpdotnet.
Is it easy to install mods? Do mod_adpdotnet support asp? All I need is
to use session, connection, request and other simple objects. It is for
a school project, so I cant use asp.NET.

Thank you

Artem Nehamkin

	Sascha Kersken wrote:
	> Hi,
	>
	>> You actually have to buy another piece of software to
	>> support ASP.NET under Linux with Apache. I don't
	>> remember the name of the software.
	>
	> That's mod_adpdotnet which you don't actually have to buy
because it's
	> free software under the terms of the Apache Software License.
See
	> http://httpd.apache.org/cli/

	I think what Jonathan ment is that there is a commercial ASP for
Apache product
	out there (chili or something). Quite dated.

	ASP is dead. Microsoft has declared ASP dead, which makes it
rather silly to
	figure out how to use a dead Microsoft technology on a
non-Microsoft solution.
	Bury it already and move on to ASP.NET which brings with it
plenty of advantages.

	For Linux, one would need mod_mono for ASP.NET script. For
Windows you are
	correct, Apache can use mod_aspdotnet, which is pending a
release very shortly
	for Apache 2.0 + 2.2 (the current release and snapshot only run
on Apache 2.0).
	-----------------------
	a nn wrote:
	> Hello
	>
	> How do I enable ASP on Apache server 2.0? Is it possible at
all?

	Commercially, there's SUN ASP (formerly Chilisoft):
	http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=420a8e72

	There's also mod_aspdotnet, and mod_mono, but they're both for
asp.net I
	think.

	Joost
	-------------------
	There's also Apache::ASP which runs under mod_perl. It's not
100%
	compatible with "real" ASP, but should work for most
applications...

	Issac

	Joost de Heer wrote:
	> a nn wrote:
	>> Hello
	>>
	>> How do I enable ASP on Apache server 2.0? Is it possible at
all?

	> Commercially, there's SUN ASP (formerly Chilisoft):
	> http://www.sun.com/download/products.xml?id=420a8e72
	>
	> There's also mod_aspdotnet, and mod_mono, but they're both for
asp.net I
	> think.
	>
	> Joost

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.