httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Boehm <...@exse.net>
Subject [users@httpd] problem with rewriterule, handlers and documentroot
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 17:41:24 GMT
Hi,

assume the following enviroment:

(Apache 1.3.33)

DocumentRoot /dummy
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /dummy/demo$1

the rewrite rule magically sets the documentroot to /dummy/demo ,
when the flag [PT] is used it does not change the documentroot.

What I tried to do is: changeing the document-root according to some
critera but using one handler (via Action) for all of them.

The Problem is:
- without the PT Flag, the documentroot is changed, so that the
handler is no longer reachable (cause the path passed to "Action" as
2nd argument is relative to the new DocumentRoot)
- with the PT Flag a couple of weird things happen, for example
DirectoryIndexes work no longer ( apache says: Directoryindex
forbidden by rule , which rule? how can I find out?)

Thank you very much and best regards
Sebastian