httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Toledo" <Chris.Tol...@webcollage.com>
Subject [users@httpd] LocationMatch - Match Site to AuthUserFile
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 18:20:25 GMT
I posted this early yesterday but I fear I haven't gotten a response due
to my unclear explanation, sorry if I am being a pain......

Setup: Apache 1.3.34 on Win32

We have a basic authentication setup that requires separate set of users
to log in to separate sites. As you can see from the setup below we are
separating authentication by site. This can be tedious as we create and
remove sites quite frequently. We want to implement one authorization
line that will match site to AuthUserFile. We want to avoid having to
add Authentication directive for every site created going forward. Is
there a way to use something like regular expressions and LocationMatch
to have Apache automatically match the site to the authentication file?
IE: User logs to site 2, Apache automatically routes to authentication
file ... "c:\data\configurations\users2.txt". I have tried doing the
following with no success...

<LocationMatch "/live/.*/">

      AuthType Basic

      AuthName "Enter Password:"

      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\$1\users.txt

Thank you in advance.

  Alias "/site1" "c:/data/live/site1"

  <Location "/site1">

      AuthType Basic

      AuthName "Enter Password:"

      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\site1\users.txt

      Require valid-user

  </Location>

  Alias "/site2" "c:/data/live/site2"

  <Location "/site2">

      AuthType Basic

      AuthName "Enter Password:"

      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\site2\users.txt

      Require valid-user

  </Location>

  Alias "/site3" "c:/data/live/site3"

  <Location "/site3">

      AuthType Basic

      AuthName "Enter Password:"

      AuthUserFile c:\data\configurations\site3\users.txt

      Require valid-user

  </Location>

Christian Toledo