httpd-users mailing list archives

From nocturnal <noctur...@swehack.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Running PHP as CGI without Shebang
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 10:22:31 GMT
Hi

I've managed to configure my vhosts to run PHP as CGI without the need
for a Shebang and 755 permissions on PHP script files. The only problem,
a big problem in my opinion, is that i need to create a cgi-bin
directory in each vhosts web root directory and place a copy of the php
binary interpreter file in that directory. I do this because the users
are not allowed to execute things outside of their web root directory. I
would like to know other possible solutions to this that don't require
me to keep a large file in every users directory which not only adds to
that users file system quota but also is at risk of being removed or
altered by the user herself.

Thank you in advance for any help. I would love it if you could share
your experiences of multiple solutions to this, even if they, in your
opinions, have flaws.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal