httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Zitnik" <JZit...@hfcc.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache error
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 12:31:15 GMT
Hello all.  After applying some patches to a SuSE SLES 8 box, I get the
following error when trying to start apache.

Starting httpd []

[Fri May 26 12:20:28 2006] [warn] Apache does not support line-end
comments.
Consider using quotes around argument: "#-1"
Syntax error on line 633 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'AddIconByType', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module
not included in the server configuration
..failed

I get this error on any one of a dozen different lines in the
httpd.conf file.  All of the lines seem to be related to the
mod_autoindex module.  I googled the error and found some mail list
the load module line to the httpd.conf file.  I tried this with no
success.  Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions I could try?