httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver A. Rojo" <oliverr...@anticogroup.com>
Subject [users@httpd] url reformat - howto
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 07:28:15 GMT
Hi all!

Im running Java pages on my server. Basically, all pages will have a
direct url like http://mydomain.com:8080/mydir

What I did is for user not to type a long url by simply typing the
normal domain such as http://www.mydomain.com and redirecting to
http://www.mydomain.com:8080/mydir.

What appears to be my problem is how to avoid the whole
http://www.mydomain.com:8080/mydir url appear on the browser which is
when I type in the absolute domain, http://www.mydomain.com:8080/mydir
url will just map into http://www.mydomain.com which will eventually
appear on the client's browser.

Got any idea?

--

Oliver A. Rojo

whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally,
the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
 presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any