httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ASPDotNet
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 04:00:13 GMT
Vic Feria wrote:
> Anything new in the development of mod_aspdotnet?

Yes - on the ASF side, most folks are using the snapshot, not a release,
which is usually a good sign that the snapshot is ready for release.

I'm rolling 2.0.0.4 (last is the release sequence) and 2.2.0.4 binaries
to run in httpd 2.0 and now 2.2 - the modules need to be distinct because
the httpd binary API changed.  Look for this by Saturday morning.

Otherwise it's mostly the administrative hassles with moving the old URI
for the module effort to http://httpd.apache.org/mod_modaspdotnet/ - it's
correctly linked from http://httpd.apache.org/modules/ (this was all just
updated - if you find a broken link, please holler).

So all that is changing between now and Saturday is moving the docs into
the distribution, and deciding what to do with the installer(s) vis a vis
Apache.exe 2.0.x and httpd.exe 2.2.x - it's possible I might have just
one installer which installs either one.

And that's the end of the source code building against Visual C++.NET (2002)
since they redid the entire *language* in Visual Studio 2005 for .NET 2.0.
We'll branch the old source in case we ever need to build it again, but most
likely the following release can be built at-home by anyone with the new
Visual Studio 2005 C++ Express Edition.

So watch for an update announced first to dev@httpd this weekend for a release
vote, and then the general announcement will go out here and announce@httpd.a.o
once a release gets 3 +1 votes.

Help is always welcome, that discussion happens on dev@httpd.apache.org - the
same as most of the ASF's httpd modules.

Bill