httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <...@v2web.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Keeping multiple logs in central location
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 20:47:22 GMT
Hello, all -

I've browsed the archives a bit, but have not been able to come up with
a good solution, so I'll go ahead and ask.

We've got quite a few webservers, on which we're comfortable using
AWStats.  The server pool is part of a load balance cluster, and it's
very difficult to generate statistics on the data as a whole - rather,
we're generating statistics based on several different servers.

What I guess I'm looking for here is a way to keep all my Apache logs in
a central location, where I can run stats for the total of the pool.

A while ago, I used mod_log_mysql to store all logs in a SQL database.
While this worked, it was difficult to extract the data from the
database and parse that for something like AWStats.  Besides, this was
very slow.

I think that if I was able to manage logs and keep them in one location,
I could take it from there and find something to run statistics against
the logs which might be more "friendly".

If anyone has any experience in this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
-dant