httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <...@v2web.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Hosting off of Shared Storage
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 21:12:37 GMT
Hello, all -

I was wanting to see if I could get some feedback in regards to hosting
with Apache off of shared storage.

I have a lot of experience using Apache and LVS, and that works well.
However, I've got a new project, and I'd like to do the same kind of
setup, but also use shared storage.

 From what I've been reading, it looks like NFS might be a good option -
have one master NFS server, and mount that off of all the cluster
members, and serve content right off of that.  I suspect that this is
the way to go, but I have not seen a lot of cons about this approach.
I'm sure there's a few caveats involved somewhere.

Another option would be GFS, but I think that setup would be a bit more
tricky.

Regardless, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the time
-dant