httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bo Najdrovsky <ht...@najdrovsky.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https to http proxy with Apache
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 15:26:22 GMT
Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV wrote:
> In that case my guess is that it is the application that generates erroneous redirect
URLs. Had tomcat generated the redirect URLs, theyr would have contained the port number also,
e.g. http://andy:8012/

> Keep your configuration the way it is (ProxyPreserveHost Off) and add the following to
the configuration:

> ProxyPassReverse /mywebapp/ http://andy/
>
> or
>
> ProxyPassReverse http://andy/
> (if within a Location)
>
> -ascs

Well, if you look at my original post, I'm already doing the
ProxyPassReverse.   My problem isn't with the whole URL being rewritten
correctly, it's only with the fact that it's switching protocol from
https to http.  However, if I set the ProxyPreserveHost to 'off', then
the URL is incorrect as well.  I'm thinking that I may try to upgrade
the apache to 2.2.2 and attempt to use mod_proxy_balancer.  That one
looks like it is more suited for what I'm trying to accomplish.