httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ann Hopkins <seash...@handypaws.com>
Subject [users@httpd] dbmmanage vs htdbm
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 23:50:30 GMT
Configuration:  Linux, Apache 2.2.2, PHP 5.1.3, and Modsecurity
1.9.3, Perl 5.8.8

I have a pre-existing user password file which worked fine until
Apache 2.2.2.

I get an error message in the logs when a user and password is
entered correctly.

...This function has not been implemented on this platform: could
not open dbm (type DB) auth file: /usr/local/apache/etc/users...

I can view the file using "dbmmanage", but not "htdbm" which gives
me the same message of "This function has not been implemented on
this platform"

The files use "DB" and I am sure that it has something to do with
apache as this works with the "dbmmanage" perl script.

I configured apache using the following which has worked in the past.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --datadir=/home/www
--enable-so --enable-logio --enable-mime-magic --enable-info
--enable-rewrite --enable-expires --disable-userdir --enable-ssl
--enable-dav --enable-dav-fs --enable-authn-dbm --enable-authz-dbm
--enable-auth-digest

The sections that don't work are typical of the following..

<Directory "<directory name>">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    AuthName "Happy Anniversary"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthBasicProvider dbm
    AuthDBMType DB
    AuthzDBMType DB
    AuthDBMUserFile /usr/local/apache/etc/users
    AuthDBMGroupFile /usr/local/apache/etc/users
    Require group family
</Directory>

Is there anything I am missing that has changed?

Thank you...