httpd-users mailing list archives

From Domingos Parra Novo <domingosn...@terra.com.br>
Subject [users@httpd] Using SSI trough mod_rewrite+mod_proxy
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 19:51:08 GMT
	Hiyas,

	I have a slow backend server (running apache 1.3 + vignette), which
does some SSI to generate content to our users.

	The "load" on these servers is quite high right now. I'm trying to
remove the SSI processing on these hosts, in an atempt to lower the CPU
usage of those machines.

	What I want to do is configure a pool of "frontend" apache servers,
accessing the backend servers trough mod_rewrite and mod_proxy. SSI is
already disabled on the backend servers, and then, I already get the
proxied pages with the SSI directives not yet parsed (and teorically,
ready to be parsed by my frontend servers).

	But, (hope it is not a FAQ question) when my frontend servers fetches
the html page from my backend servers (via mod_proxy), no matter what I
do on my configuration, mod_includes refuses to parse the requested page
on my frontend servers too (I.e., I'm unable to make any SSI content to
be parsed, if its from mod_proxy, and not directly from the filesystem).

	Is there anything I'm able to do, to solve this issue? If this is just
matter of configuration, even better. But I'm not afraid of doing
patches on apache's source code, in case it is needed.

OB: almost forgot to note, I'm using Apache 1.3.33 on both groups of
machines, and unless it is really mandatory, I'm unable to update them
to Apache 2.0/2.2. :(

	Thanks in advance,

Domingos.

--