httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php5apache2.dll
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 15:06:56 GMT
Bill Angus wrote:
> Anybody know the proper install for PHP5 under Apache 2.2 for Windows? I
> had to comment out my PHP installation line in config...
>
> #LoadModule php5_module "C:/Php/php5apache2.dll"
>
> The line worked fine in config file for apache 2.0.55.

*Read* release notes/announcements carefully.

   This release has been through extensive testing, including live at some
   of the world's busiest sites, and is now considered stable.  This means
   that modules and applications developed for Apache 2.2.2 will be both
   source- and binary-compatible with future 2.2.x releases.  This release
   builds on and extends the Apache 2.0 API. Modules written for Apache 2.0
   will need to be recompiled in order to run with Apache 2.2, but no
   substantial reworking should be necessary.