httpd-users mailing list archives

From "JupiterHost.Net" <mli...@jupiterhost.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_logio adding %I and %O into one
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 22:12:55 GMT
Hello again :)

Is there a way to get the sum of mod_logio's %I and %O into a Customlog?

Assuming %I was 200 and %O was 200 I'd like to get "400" into CustomLog

Of course, I could do CustomLog's and the log parsing app can add them
together later with:

CustomLog path.log "whatever %I"
CustomLog path.log "whatever %O"

but it be nice to have 50% less to parse :)

is it possible to do that with a single CustomLog entry /format?

PS - Doing "In: %I Out: %O" in the format isn't an option as it need to
be backwards compatible with oodles of log parsing stuff, I can do two
CustomLogs and get the total from all the entries for a given timestamp
later, but I'd rather have one for consistency (what if something takes
an entire second, the timestamp's won't match) file size, apache's
filesystem access, parsing later, etc etc

TIA!