httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bodo Eing <ei...@uni-muenster.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory Aliases Or Virtual
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 09:58:34 GMT
Broun Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello
> Am a newbie, doing research for instantiating models accross the internet. I installed
Apache 2.05 but am failing to configure it for aliases, which i can do easily with IIS
> I want to be able to access different folders, other than the DocumentRoot but i wrote
this but it doesnt work.
> Alias /SRC "/TUMWESIGYE RESEARCH/SRC/">

Try

Alias /SRC/ "/TUMWESIGYE RESEARCH/SRC/"
           ^
 From default httpd.conf:

# Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need (with no limit). The
format is
# Alias fakename realname
#
# Note that if you include a trailing / on fakename then the server will
# require it to be present in the URL.  So "/icons" isn't aliased in this
# example, only "/icons/".  If the fakename is slash-terminated, then the
# realname must also be slash terminated, and if the fakename omits the
# trailing slash, the realname must also omit it.
#

> <Directory "/TUMWESIGYE RESEARCH/SRC/">
> Options Indexes +FollowSymLinks
> AllowOverride none