httpd-users mailing list archives

From "JupiterHost.Net" <mli...@jupiterhost.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 to 2.X module porting: function "name/argument/return/include" changes?
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 19:41:11 GMT
In porting a module from apache 1.3 to 2.0/2.2

I'm seeing these apache specific elements:

request_rec * r:
static int foo (request_rec * r)
r->uri
r->server->server_hostname
r->pool

ap_getword:
w = ap_getword(r->pool, &dnam, '/');  /* previosuly: char *name =
r->uri; ... dname = name + 2; */

ap_pstrcat:
filename = ap_pstrcat (r->pool, XYZROOT, "/", w, NULL); /* previously:
#define BWROOT "/var/cpanel/bwlimited" */

ap_basic_http_header(r)
ap_rvputs(r, "text", NULL);
ap_rputs("text", r);
ap_kill_timeout (r);
ap_finalize_request_protocol (r);
ap_rflush(r)

I can't seem to find the Apache 2.X equivalents for them so my questions
would be for each one:

a) What are apache 2.0 and 2.2's equivalent name?

b) Does it take the same arguments as the examples above?

c) Does it return the same things when called with equivalent arguments??

d) Is it still part of one of the following includes or do I need to
include a new .h?

#include "httpd.h"
#include "http_core.h"
#include "http_config.h"
#include "http_log.h"
#include "http_request.h"

Any input is greatly appreciated 'cause I am stuck :) !!

TIA