httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Hicks <johnl...@gulfbridge.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] programmatically configure "Virtual Directory" in Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 13:38:24 GMT
Calin Cirstea wrote:

> Is there any way to programmatically configure the Apache "Virtual
> Directory"?

"Virtual Directory" is not a term that is used in the Apache world. It
appears to be a Microsoft IIS term.

 > I know how to do it statically (httpd.conf) but I would like a
 > dynamically (runtime) way of doing this.

Please tell us what it is that you do statically in httpd.conf that you
call a "virtual directory". I'm guessing it's one of the following:

--virtual domain - supporting multiple domains on a single IP or webserver.

--"Alias"ed directories - mapping a physical directory to a different
directory in the URI

--URL rewriting

Thanks,

-J