httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Seven <sco...@scosol.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FreeBSD 6.1
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 07:22:39 GMT
On May 20, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Ivan S√łnsteby (infernus) wrote:

> The Shili-thingy is now known as Sun Active Server Pages software
> or something, and it does not work with FreeBSD, but I wonder if
> the Apache with ASP in it's name may work, or if the Mono ASP
> software is ok..
> Or does it require diffrent ASP coding and stuff?
> Like when MS ASP scripts don't work with Sun's ASP, and the other
> way around..
> I mean, does MS ASP code work with Mono?

Again, if you have a hard requirement for ASP you should use Windows.

> And the Apache for FreeBSD is for v. 4.1 or something.. Not 6.1 is
> it..

I've run basically all versions of apache on FreeBSD since 2.0.5- so
I don't know what you're talking about: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/
cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/apache22
All the latest versions of apache run great on the latest versions of
FreeBSD.
Download the ports tree, set cvsup to update it, cd to /usr/ports/www/
apache22; make install - DONE.

-SS