httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Savage, Robert CTR USTRANSCOM J6" <Robert.Savage....@ustranscom.mil>
Subject [users@httpd] help interpreting error msg
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 20:29:09 GMT
I'm reconstructing a web server after inadvertently (and stupidly)
deleting Apache2's ./conf directory instead of copying it to a safe place
:-(.  I'm using a fraternal twin of that web server as a model and file
source to recreate that ./conf directory.  I believe I've restored all of
the required files, but the web site doesn't yet display its home page
("The page cannot be displayed"). I think it's probably first-and-goal and
I'm on the one foot line.  I'm now going thru the error logs looking for
hints.

There's an Apache Tomcat5 service running, and a workers2.properties file
seems to tie it and Apache2 together.  My httpd.conf file contains the
following:

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

.

<IfModule mod_jk2.so>

    #-----------------------------------------------

    # Where to find the workers2.properties file

    #-----------------------------------------------

    #

    JkSet config.file "F:/www/Apache2/conf/workers2.properties"

</IfModule>

I'm unable

There's one line in logs/error.log I can't quite figure out:

. [error] config.setConfig(): Error reading properties
F:/www/apache2/conf/workers2.properties

Can someone please explain to me what "properties" this error message is
referring to?

--Doc

Robert G. (Doc) Savage, CISSP, RHCE, GCIA

Senior Systems Analyst

BAE Systems Information Technology

USTranscom J6-PI (TFMS)

E-mail: robert.savage.ctr@ustranscom.mil