httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <tetragondz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pdf problems?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 11:26:35 GMT
On 5/29/06, Bill Angus <mdangus@psychtest.com> wrote:

> After upgrading to WIN32 APACHE 2.0.58 (binaries courtesy of Hunter's site -
> !! THANKS HUNTER !! )..... we had a customer note that .PDF files on our
> site cannot be displayed in their IE browser. We discovered that if we turn
> off MOD_DEFLATE, PDF's can be opened again. The eviro is Win2k.

I have seen similar PDF and Flash issues when installing a new Apache
server on a new box.  Did you install the Apache software to a new
server or is this install using the exact same PDF data directories?

I ask because if you copied the files between servers how do you know
they are binary identical?  In my case the files were about 5 bytes
out of sync -- not enough to break them but just enough so that other
"issues" came up making the whole mess hard to troubleshoot.

HTH/Sx
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/