httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <tetragondz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Hacked Web Site
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 13:37:55 GMT
On 5/19/06, Don O'Neil <don@lizardhill.com> wrote:
> Well I would tend to agree with you, except for the fact that the 3 sites
> did not use any SQL, they were all simple html sites with very little
> content.
>
> I did find something that referenced hidden field injections as well, but
> again, none of the sites had hidden fields.
>
> This is why I am puzzled as to what could be going on here.

What apache version is being used and what modules are loaded while
the site is in operation?

Is ssh available or is the server "advertising" other services besides http?

Overall there isnt enough informastion about the "site which was
hacked" to really come up with a attack path or methodolgies.

HTH/Sx
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/