httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <tetragondz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL Problem Still not Solved in Apache2-RHEL4
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 04:06:17 GMT
On 5/15/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I wrote support/win32/wintty.c to create a console window on the fly for
> such a dialog, letting the service speak with the user at the console.
> Obviously, it's win32 specific.  But I can't imagine it would be impossible
> to create a similar tty piped window applet on Unix, if someone is up to
> the challenge.

Maybe reimplemented as an irssi ncurses window?

I was thinking something along these lines earlier trying various ssh
Perl scripts but I do not know how to handle detecting the local
console versus someone who is ssh'ed in restarting  the server (at any
rate I have never gotten the Enter Passphrase prompt when using
service httpd start) -- bottom line is that some human will have to
enter the passphrase manually =(

--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/