httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <tetragondz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi permission
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 12:51:25 GMT
On 5/15/06, Amir Aavani <Amir.Aavani@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently installed FC5 on my laptop, Before that I had FC4 with latest
> version of httpd. On FC4, i developed a cgi application (using fpc)
> which read/write from/to some files. The files where on my desktop, i.e
> /home/Amir/Desktop/1 . Also, I set the User and Group parameters in
> httpd.conf to "Amir". The file worked correctly on FC4. But now my file
> can't read/write from that file (any file, I changed the place of the file).
> I checked if my configuration was correct, I asked my cgi application to
> print the effective user ID by whom it is run.

try as root;
setenforce 0

to see if selinux is interfering.  if it now works, selinux is stoppng
your cgi -- then you will ned to modify the policy enforcement under
httpd->allow cgi write access (all this is located under the GUI
security panel.)
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/