httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Browne, Anthony A" <aabro...@widernet.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxying active ftp
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 21:00:18 GMT
Hello everyone,

	I have a virtual host that needs to proxy ftp. The config for it
is:

<VirtualHost *:9982>
ServerAdmin xxxx
ServerName xxxx:9982
LogFormat "%t %h %{Host}i \"%r\" %s %B" ftpcommon
CustomLog logs/9982_access.log ftpcommon
ProxyRequests On
</VirtualHost>

The problem is that when clients try active ftp connections, they get:

The proxy server could not handle the request GET
ftp://xxxx/products/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx.exe

Reason: connect to xxxx:62715 failed - firewall/NAT?

--------

Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) Server at xxxx Port 21

I assume that its active ftp that's causing the problem because of the
port numbers, but in any event I don't know what to do next. I've tried
a bunch of things and none of them have worked. Anyone, have any
suggestions?