httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sergey Tsalkov" <flightsim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] need help fighting DoS attack on Apache
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 20:23:46 GMT
I'm using Apache 1.3.36. mod_choke is supposed to be able to limit the
number of connections per IP, but fails to do so for the reason
discussed earlier in this thread. mod_evasive, and anti-DoS tool, also
failed to stop the attack.

Nick, you mentioned that Apache 2.2 has built-in countermeasures to
stop this sort of attack.. I haven't been able to find anything on
this myself, so would you mind pointing me to the relevant information
in apache's docs? Maybe I'll have to upgrade..