httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Sokoll <R.Sok...@intershop.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] configure: error: OpenSSL headers not found Apa che 2.0.58
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 07:06:07 GMT
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 10:06:51AM -0500, Schultz, Gary - COMM wrote:

> ./configure --enable-so --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/ssl (plus any other
> options)
>
> I think the key is the --with-ssl=(ssl directory) option. You probably could
> install openssl in the default location and set --with-ssl to that location
> and it should work.
>
> Anyway, this gave me my first successful build of Apache 2.2.2 with ssl. Not
> sure if it is the best way to do this, but for now it works.

Just for the records:
If your distribution includes openssl and has the openssl libs somewhere
either in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the linker cache (Linux: /etc/ld.so.cache,
configured in /etc/ld.so.conf), then make sure that you point
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the openssl libs you really want to use with your
apache prior to fire up httpd. For example, you could set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your startup script.

Rainer