httpd-users mailing list archives

From <neilpar...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: [users@httpd] Problem displaying French characters
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 17:37:58 GMT
Hi Joshua,

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I changed the AddDefaultCharset directive as you suggested
and it now works.

Thanks again

Neil

> From: "Joshua Slive" <joshua@slive.ca>
> Date: 2006/05/24 Wed AM 11:42:04 EDT
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Problem displaying French characters
>
> On 5/24/06, neilparkes@bellsouth.net <neilparkes@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I  am using what appears to be Apache 2.0.52 (the rpm package states it is httpd-2.0.52-22)
on a CentOS 4 Linux system. I am trying to make some documentation available on our intranet
so that it is accessible to our French subsidiary but I noticed that any accented characters
in the text are appearing as strange characters. I am assuming this is something to do with
fonts but have been unable to find a solution. My httpd.conf file is pretty much unchanged
from the default installation other than being edited to change the server name and enable
Server Side Includes.

> > If I load the HTML into my browser directly from my local disk it looks fine but
as soon as it is served via the web server I see the problem.