httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Large files
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 21:00:29 GMT
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:58:15AM -0400, Mike VanHorn wrote:

> I have compiled and built 2.0.58, but I am still getting the same error:
>
>   (79)Value too large for defined data type
>
> I'd been checking and LFS was supposedly fixed in 2.0.53, so why am I
> getting this error? I'm on Solaris 10 x86.

The unnecessarily obscure "more up to date" reference means 2.2.x - see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html - 2.2.x releases
have large file support out of the box.  No 2.0.x release has large file
support on 32-bit platforms (there are some hacks you can use, but this
is not recommended or supported).

Regards,

joe