httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Env set by RewriteRule not available in SSI Document
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 17:25:09 GMT
On Tuesday 09 May 2006 21:16, David Förster wrote:
> I found out that the case when the variable was actually set in the SSI
> document only occured when index.shtml was rewritten to itself.
>
> Adding a "RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/2005/index.shtml$" prevents this
> and the problem persists regardless of the file extension. :-(
>
> I'd appreciate any hint on this

Your original post was too long for me (I don't normally touch rewrite
questions).  But the above sounds like setting environment variables
in a request, then creating a new request with your rewriterules.
So the new request doesn't inherit the original one's environment.

You could deal with that by setting the environment within the
new request's URL space.

--
Nick Kew