httpd-users mailing list archives

From hunter <theanti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Win32 2.2.2 Yourself
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 23:14:15 GMT
On 5/3/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Joost de Heer wrote:
> >>I'll chime in here a little :) Off hand, I can't think of anyone else
> >>who was building Apache 2.2.0 on Windows apart from wrowe and myself,
> >
> > Steffen from Apachelounge provides compiled 2.2.x binaries.
> > (http://www.apachelounge.com, you have to register to be able to download
> > the binaries)
>
> What Colm meant was only the two of us, plus perhaps Jeff or FirstBill, and
> maybe Martin actually build win32 of all the httpd project members.
>
> The point I made earlier was that I've heard from **dozens** of folks who are
> building Win32 themselves, and that is excellent news!!!  Expect an updated
> page on the httpd.apache.org website this weekend, refreshing the build
> instructions for those of you curious to try this.
>
> There are still wrinkles, unfortunately, building on Visual Studio 2005 (that
> free C++ Express edition, or the full professional package) with the major
> changes to .manifest requirements for WinSxS.  Look forward to a complete
> resolution to those builds in the 2.2.3 / 2.0.59 next releases.
>
> Bill

I got a reasonably clean build today with Apache 2.2.2 buy switching
from VC6 to VC7. Prior to this I could not figure out how to find an
LDAP 3.0 SDK.

I have not had a chance to test it yet but I will be making it
available to those who want to give it a try. It should be there
within the hour.

http;//hunter.campbus.com

or

http://brandleadershipmarketing.com/apache

Also, thanks Bill. deleting the \source\abs.dep fixed the Apache 2.0.58 compile.

Chris Lewis