httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Víctor Fernández Martínez" <deejaywo...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Duplicated entries in mime.types
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 23:27:11 GMT
Hi! This is my first post to the list, so before all, I would like to
introduce myself. I'm a spanish student and I'm developing my thesis
project, which is a graphical application to configure a remote Apache
httpd server. It connects to the host through SSH to download the
configuration files, parse them and allow the user to easily modify
the options with a nice GUI. It's multiplatform, based on QT 4.1.
After I finish it and my university evaluates it, I'll release it to
the public under the GPL. When I have some doubts about how my parser
should perform (as it's the case now), I'll ask here.

Well, now let's go to the question. I'm not sure about what should I
do when I find duplicate MIME types in the mime.types config file.
Should I only take the last line in the config file and read its
associated extensions or should I merge all the different extensions I
find for each MIME type? I've taken a look at the documentation but it
doesn't say anything about duplicated entries.

I have the same question for the AddType directive. For normal
directives, I know I have to take only the last one, but what about
two or more AddType directives with the same MIME type?

Thanks in advance and greetings to everyone.

PS: If someone is curious about my thesis project, you can see some
screenshots about the current status here:
http://www.deejayworld.net/siouk/