httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Jackson" <mjack...@mightymerchant.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache,php to mysql problem
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 20:14:22 GMT
> All the configs are shared across NFS.  So config files are the same on
> both OH1 and OH2...
>
> the applications connect to mysql via php connect strings, and as tcpdump
> reveals are doing the proper things

You might try using strace on an Apache process on OH2 and see if you can
spot anything amiss. Also, you might throw some debugging lines into your
PHP code to spit out some breakpoint-like messages. I've had good luck with
a custom error handler and trigger_error(). My error handler emails me as
much diagnostic info as possible (including the contents of the errcontext
array). With PHP5, I've also used file_put_contents() to write debug output
to a file. That's perhaps not very safe, but while testing it's been very
helpful.