httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Angus" <mdan...@psychtest.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] separate logs for aliases
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 03:41:53 GMT
You can use one IP and have a secure-server as well as a name-based virtual hosting server
for port 80. Just run two instances of Apache. The apache monitor is capable of reporting
and controlling both.

You are right that using name-based hosting on port 80 will cause the SSL-port server to crap
out completely. That's why I suggest you start another server.

I set mine up using a single domain. When I got an inexpensive cert, I specified the secure
site as secure.my_domain.com

The regular http on port 80 still works fine with two different name-based virtual hosts www.my_domain.com
 and  www.my_other_domain.com

With this you also get the option of completely separate configurations -- and so of course
you may have separate logs.

Bill Angus

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shai
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:59 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] separate logs for aliases

  Hi,

  Since I'm a home user and I only have 1 IP but I still want to make
  access to my SSL secured sites, I decided I can't use vhosts since
  those either need to configure different ports or separate IP per
  vhost.

  So what I want to use now are aliases like:

  https://mydomain.com/webmail
  and
  https://mydomain.com/admin

  etc etc ...

  That said, I still want to have separate logs per site. Can that be
  done? If yes, how?

  Thanks in advance,
  Shai