httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Angus" <mdan...@psychtest.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about setting up secure service
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 16:52:53 GMT
Krist and all... Thanks for the information you gave. It helped me to debug some of my mistakes
in the .conf files and to understand a bit of what is going wrong.

I think part of the problem is my environment. I have windows 2000 boxes and have an installed
Apache 2.0.55 binary (downloaded from the 'net with mod_ssl supposedly enabled).

Using your information, I traced the point where the Apache2 startup fails in my ssl.conf

As soon as the server encounters the <VirtualHost _default_:443> directive, the startup
dies.

The server was starting ok because it never got to this directive --
REASON it passed over the <IfDefine SSL> directive as if SSL is not defined.

I uncommented the directive ...
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
... in the httpd.conf file

Is there anything else I need to do to get SSL defined?

Should I be building my own binary -- I understand from other messages that my compiler (Mcirosoft
Visual Studiooooo 2005) is not good for this.

Anybody have any suggestions?