httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Josh Sephton" <j...@heldtogether.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring Apache behind a wireless router
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 14:59:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to configure Apache to respond for requests to the external
address of my LAN.

Currently I have a Belkin wireless router into which my internet comes in
through. I then have several Windows computers which connect to that router.
One of these boxes has Apache2 installed on it. I want Apache to listen for
requests on the external address, 201.x.x.15, at port 80, and then respond
accordingly. SO far I have tried configuring Apache by putting "Listen
201.x.x.15:80" in httpd.conf but this comes up with the error:

"The requested address is not valid in this context. :make_sock: could
   not bind to 201.x.x.15:80
 no listening sockets available, shutting down"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Josh