httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Calpro" <cal...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] LocalHost
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 22:45:48 GMT

Hi

I have recently downloaded and installed version 2.2 Apache, and after
adjusting the Listen port, it seems to be running Ok.

That is, it displays no error messages. But when I enter LocalHost into MSIE
I get the 404,  File not found.

LocalHost was entered into Network Domain and Server Name during
installation.

Can anyone see how I can get this working?

I have used the msi installer, into Windows XP, and I’ve used Repair,
Re-install, downloaded a new copy and installed again, always with the same
result.

I could find nothing in the FAQs, no errors in the logs, and have followed
the installation procedures in the 3 books I have here, but I have clearly
missed
something

I you are able to help, I’ll be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Ted.