httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shabbir bharmal" <bharm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_header REMOTE_USER variable null via reverse proxy server - HELP!
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:28:17 GMT
Joshua,
Thank you for your response. But, it did not work.  Here is a snippet
from my httpd.conf file.

### Start - SNIPPET FROM HTTPD.CONF##
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8081/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8081/

RewriteRule .* - [E=RU:%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}]
RequestHeader set UserId %{RU}e

<Location />

 AuthUserFile "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\sbacces"
 AuthName "Secured access Apache"
 AuthType basic
 Require valid-user

</Location>
### End - SNIPPET FROM HTTPD.CONF##

Output from TCPMON headers:

Host: localhost:8080
Accept: */*
.NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Authorization: Basic c2FiOnNhYjEyMw==
*UserId: (null)*

Your help will be highly appreciated. THank you in advance.

Bharmal