httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem in sub domain creation
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:18:07 GMT
On 4/6/06, san diego <sabertooth_wolfman_hunt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have a problem creating sub domains in my site. I have followed the
> faqs and documentation available on the net.

Sounds like you need to start here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/
and then come back if you have more specific questions.

>  One of the sites showed me the following procedure:
>  "Everyone has a "www" subdomain (In "www.yourdomain.com", the "www"
> part is the subdomain). The www subdomain is created by, and serves files
> from, your /htdocs/www directory on the filesystem.

That sounds like the description for a specific hosting company,
rather than for apache in general.  Stuff like that can be implimented
with mod_rewrite or mod_vhost_alias, but it certainly is not the
default configuration.

Joshua.