httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dietmar.Muel...@eurotours.at
Subject [users@httpd] Antwort: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:55:04 GMT
Hello John,

you can activate SSI on tomcat.
Look at:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssi-howto.html

regards Dietmar

"Pyeatt, John" <john.pyeatt@berbee.com> am 26.04.2006 00:35:25

Bitte antworten an users@httpd.apache.org

An:     <users@httpd.apache.org>
Kopie:
Thema:  [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request
        has been processed by Tomcat app server.

I am working with a customer with the following basic configuration. They
are running Apache 1.3.33 and make heavy used of mod_include.

A new project has come up that uses J2EE web applications. Our intent was
to have Apache forward requests for .jsp to Tomcat 5 (running on a separate
server) via mod_jk.The JSP-generated response would include SSI directives
which would subsequently be processed by mod_include on httpd just prior to
heading out the wire back to the browser.

I suspect the short answer is "you can't do that". If it can be done I
would appreciate any guidance with httpd.conf configuration that would
work.

If the answer is "you can't do that in Apache 1.3.*, but you can in Apache
2.*" then I can investigate that option.

I understand the configuration I am talking about is very goofy. The reason
for goofiness would take pages to explain and besides, if everything were
simple, we'd all be out of work.

John Pyeatt
Berbee Information Networks
Phone: 608-288-3000