httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Need a mod-rewrite rule for a website's home page
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:53:53 GMT

RewriteRule ^About/?(-[a-zA-Z0-9_/]+)/?$ About/index.php?bout=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/?([-a-zA-Z0-9_/]+)/?$ /index.php?home=$1 [L]

Yes.. Actually, are you sure the first rule works at all? I think you need "^/About..." (note
leading slash).

Then anything beginning with About should be rewritten and then the [L] causes a break.

> I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does it or doesn't it? (there is no "seem" :-) What does the log say? What happens when you
try test URLs (give examples of before and after)?

> I have to run do some errands, but I'll do some research on
> RewriteCond when I get back. Thanks!

Prefixing rules with RewriteCond allows you to make arbitrarily complex conditional rulesets
so should be able to solve any logically possible requirement.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Celebrate Earth Day everyday! Discover 10 things you can do
> to help slow climate change. Yahoo! Earth Day
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/earthday/*http://eart
h.yahoo.com>

the sender's company.