httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Location question
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:30:48 GMT

Did you print these location containers the wrong way round?

Anyway, a possible (untried) solution might be to sue mod_rewrite:
- use a RewriteCond to detect if IP = 192.168
- if not, use RewriteRule to return 403

eg (untested):
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !192.168.*
RewriteRule ^/.* - [F]

This can be at server config level (hence global). Read the docs for these directives to see
what each is doing but post back if you have further questions.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Is there a solution to my problem or do I have to rethink my
> application?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roland Carlsson

the sender's company.