httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Forward port 443 requests, but use mod_rewrite on port 80 requests
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:10:53 GMT
You're going to p*** a lot of people off by using such flashy HTML in your mails...

Anyway, why don't you just create one VH for port 443 and one for port 80 ??

<VirtualHost *:443>

SSLEngine On
[more SSL stuff not included]

ProxyPass / http://server.my.com/
ProxyPassReverse / http://server.my.com/

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>

[rewrite stuff goes here]

</VirtualHost>
________________________________

From: Anthony Browne [mailto:aabrowne@widernet.org]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 9:59 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Forward port 443 requests, but use mod_rewrite on port 80 requests

<![endif]--><![endif]-->

                        Hello everyone,

Is there a way to use ProxyPass to forward items based on the port number of the request?
I want to forward all requests that use port 443 with ProxyPass (so that I can use mod_rewrite
on all port 80 requests). Is this possible, or do I need to implement this in mod_rewrite?

Also, I can't use 'ProxyRequests on' because this won't let me use mod_rewrite when a port
80 request comes in (mod_rewrite is always applied last). If I need to do this with mod_rewrite,
does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do?

                        Thanks