httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] proxy only asp files
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:27:34 GMT
 Maybe I have completely misunderstood your problem, but I'll give it a try anyway.
>From my understanding you have an ASP application running on some IIS behind an Apache
server, and you want to proxy all requests to the ASP application to the IIS, and have the
Apache server respond directly to any other request. I will assume that the ASP has a .asp
extension.

mod_rewrite is your friend:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*\.asp)$ http://172.19.13.16/$1 [NC,P]
ProxyPassReverse / http://172.19.13.16/

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Richards [mailto:matt@mattstone.net]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 4:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] proxy only asp files

hello :)

been playing around LOTS with different setups and everything and i had
a sudden brainwave the other day and it worked :D ... kinda !

what i have currently got setup is this ...

[root@CTR002 root]# cat /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/asp-proxy
#!/bin/sh
# disable filename globbing
set -f
echo "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
echo
/usr/local/bin/lynx --source http://172.19.13.16$PATH_INFO?$QUERY_STRING

and in the apache config file i have this ..

Action application/x-httpd-asp /cgi-bin/asp-proxy
Addhandler application/x-httpd-asp .asp

This all works fine with GET post requests but dosn't work with POST
requests.
another thing that dosn't work is cookies but i'm not tooo worried about
them for now