httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Session handling when Time is changed on the machine where apache http server is running
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:58:55 GMT
Apache does not know about sessions. HTTP is stateless. If you are running PHP, it's a PHP
problem.

-ascs

________________________________

From: Durga Prasad (duprasad) [mailto:duprasad@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:52 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Session handling when Time is changed on the machine where apache http
server is running

Hi All,

I have machine where Apache server is running, i am managing that machine through web using
the Apache http server. I have an option to change the machine timing through web, when i
change the time of the machine i am losing the connection to apache server (i am not getting
any response from server), but after some time i was able to browse. Is it because the Session
replication. my questions are

If i change the time of the machine on which Apache http Server is running, does this effects
the sessions that are running ?

Will the sessions will be replicated after the time change ?

What is the average time that it will take by Apache server to replicate these sessions ?

If any one knows the answers, could you please mail me back.

Thanks in Advance,

Durga