httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Stocker" <akostoc...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Is there a how-to for building an Apacher server farm?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:38:01 GMT
Hello,

I've spent the better part of the afternoon Googling for a decent how-to on
how one goes about creating a web server farm.  There are tons of documents
that refer to the concept as an accepted practice, but I can't find anything
that discusses how one goes about creating one.  My basic goal is to create
a server farm that balances load among n servers, and creates fault
tolerance because as long as (n - (n-1) ) servers are up then my web site(s)
are available.  This seems to be a basic concept and one that's been around
for a long time, but even in the Apache mailing list archives I can't find
anything applicable.

Thanks muchly!

Tony