httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warhurst, SI \(Spencer\)" <S.I.Warhu...@rl.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL & nonsecure items
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:23:21 GMT
I'm currently wrestling with the set up of SSL on Apache (on Windows) and I have the server
up and running and accepting https connections etc. When I first connect to the website from
my browser (IE in this case) I get the warning regarding the certificate (I have set up a
test certificate), which is fine. However every page I subsequently go to I get a "do you
want to display nonsecure items" dialog and it's quite irritating. I suspect a browser setting
is partly to blame, except I don't get the message when I go to other sites with https implementations
such as Amazon. I presume the nonsecure items are the images on the page, but Amazon has images
too. SO is there something in the SSL config that might cause the browser to generate these
messages?

--
Spencer Warhurst