httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SHARED_CORE
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:56:32 GMT
Krist van Besien wrote:

> It apears that compiling using the "SHARED_CORE" rule involves adding
> the --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE to the configure command's options.
>
> What I would like to know is though,  what this does. Does this mean I
> can provide the httpd daemon with an additional directory to load its
> modules from?

No, it means instead of httpd with all the entry points for apache support
functions in the httpd binary, you get httpd and a libhttpd.so.  Not what
you want...

> (I would like to build an apache that is split over two dirs, one with
> all the webserver config data and the content, another with the
> binaries and supporting files.)

copy bin/apachectl and conf/ to your website, and inject a -d /path/to/website
option into apachectl so it looks at the new path's conf/ htdocs/ etc, and
finally modify the httpd.conf to point at the full path of the httpd binary tree
for modules, etc.

SHARED_CORE is a red herring.